[APD] Co2 poisoning? chlorine maybe? help!

Hi I'm new here. Here's the deal. I recently started adding plants to my
aquarium about a month ago and just now added first layer pure laterite and
DIY co2 injection. I also added a couple of new plants and before
introducing them I dipped them in bleach water then used wardley watercare
Chlor out to remove the bleach.
So now all my fish are dying. It started with my 3 plecos then a couple
barbs died and now one bala shark. After the plecos died I turned off the
Co2 and its been off for 2 days in which time the other fish have died and I
have been racking my brain as to what the problem is. The fish all seem to
be hanging out in one little spot near the bottom gasping for air constantly
and one of them seems to like going up to the top every once in a while to
get some air. I even changed half the tank's water and at first it looked
like they were doing better swimming around a bit more but now they're back
to the same corner... huddling around (of all things) the co2 reactor. My
Blood Parrot seems to be doing fine except that she seems to be hiding in
her cave a little more than often. All my water levels seem absolutely fine,
ph, nitrate, nitrite, amonia, everything. Anyone have any ideas? could it be
clorine poisoning? did I maybe not rinse my plants well enough to remove the
chlorine? could it be something to do with adding the laterite? I thought
from all my research that it was harmless to my fish to add to an
established aquarium. Please help!