Re: [APD] Algae Bar - more

Transducer? What do they want to transduce. Supposedly the bar requires no electricity to operate. It simply relies on electroysis to ann copper ion to the water -- according to their FAQ anyway. sh

----- Original Message ----From: Stuart Halliday <stuart at stuarthalliday_com>To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 3:20:29 PMSubject: Re: [APD] Algae Bar - more

I believe Edison Yap wrote this email section below:> Hi,>    >   Has anyone on the list ever tried this Algae Bar, http://www.algaebar.com/ made of copper and silver to control Algae?  Does these things work?
I've had an email from the company after I enquired.
They say developing a small, low cost transducer for less than Â200 is their main stumbling block.
Plus they asked me if there really was a market for an algae killer for domestic tanks...
So they have no Aquarists on their staff then!