[APD] Flourish Excel killing my shrimp and snails?

>I am good friends Tom Barr (who will probably see this post and wonder why I
>am seeking advice since he has already given me his).   His recommendation
>for my size tank was 1ml per day, or every other day, which I followed
>Flourish Excel killing my shrimp and snails?

         I'm sure Tom will come up with a better answer.  I don't have
shrimp, but do have snails and use a cap full: 5 ml on my 44 gallon daily
with no apparent effect on the animal life.  The bottle states use 5 ML for
every 40L (10 gallons) on initial use or after a major water change,
thereafter use 1 ml for every 40L daily or every other day. It also says
"DO NOT OVERDOSE!" but does not explain why.  1 ml in a 2.5 gallon is about
4 times the recommended dosage if I figured that right in my head..  So
maybe the dire warning applies.

(a note to the moderator, sorry about the vacation spam forward, I meant to
send it to abuse and because the last message I sent starting with A was
this list it autofilled that instead of the abuse address.  I was in a
hurry when I did it and wasn't paying attention.)

    D. Scott Scheibe
<mailto:dsscheibe at earthlink_net>
<http://home.earthlink.net/~dsscheibe/>