Re: [APD] VALS MELTDOWN (Neil Frank)

Hello Neil

I knew what you meant.   There are vals here ( Australia) from some calcium
and nutrient poor situations.   The Vallisneria nana from Bullo River
escarpment area is a nice val but the water coming off the sandstone
escarpment had hardness and carbonate hardness levels so low that they can
not be measured with aquarium test kits.   The pH in those situations is
also very low, 5.5 to 6.0.   The other aquatic plants in the water with that
val were Eriocaulon setaceum, Blyxa aubertii, Staurogyne leptocaulis and
Nymphaea violacea.   There are also crocodiles estimated by the landowner
there to be over five meters in length.   Makes collecting water plants very
interesting.

http://www.bulloriver.com/gallery.html

There are some pictures taken by the land owner.   For the person who was
asking about keeping frogs, the pictures are the Magnificent Tree Frog a
species that I keep and I caught the adult brood stock on bullo River.
That was when we found the really nice val.

Cheers
Dave