Re: [APD] VALS MELTDOWN

In my last aquarium, a 125 gallon tank I kept various vals going for
about three years, always sending out runners, doing their level best
to grow on every square inch of the substrate.  I used to pull out the
excess by the handful every couple of weeks.  Based on that experience
I would say vals live forever!  But, many years ago I had a ten gallon
guppie tank with lots of vals that were equally vigorous, and, probably
because I changed the water about every two weeks, they all suddenly
just died.  I am tempted occasionally to add some to my current 29
gallon tank just to see what would happen, but I really don't want
another val jungle to take over the whole tank.

Vaughn H.