Re: [APD] Excell (Not Alternative Energy)

Jason

I just did a major tank teardown, plant uprooting and Onyx sand cleaning
Tuesday and noticed some Cladophora in a few places. Removed all of the Lace
Rock (45 lbs or so) and replaced with blocky rocks from my backyard (100 lbs
or so). Made at least a 100 % water change. Decided to add a large dose of
Excel-60 ml in a 38 gallon Tanganyikan tank. The volume is maybe 30 gallons
due to the rocks. I was hoping to nuke the Cladophora.

Two days later and the Hornwort is all melted with leaves all over the tank.
Duckweed looks ok but I dumped it all while netting out all of the Hornwort
leaves and stems. The Crypts look fine along with Hygrophila and Anubias. If
anything the Anubias look cleaner but it may be my imagination. I siphoned
the leaves from the bottom and removed about 8 gallons water in the process.
No more Excel added to cover the tank cleaning.

Jerry Smith in Bloomingdale, NJ