Re: [APD] Solar energy

That was a good 4 cents!  Solar power will succeed only (in my opinion)
if it is in the form of a roofing product that is competitive with good
quality concrete tiles, but, of course, is actually solar cells.  The
wiring of those cells would be the responsibility of the home
builder/buyer, but the inverter and other electronic gadgetry needed to
interconnect every roof in the neighborhood to the power grid, would,
like the electric meter today, be the responsibility of the power
company.  That is simply an engineering problem, and it is a problem
that can be solved.  Unfortunately, once solved it probably reduces the
profit of the power company rather than increasing it.  Therein lies
the rub.

Vaughn H.