Re: [APD] Solar energy

Artificially low petrol (gasoline, to us) prices are not our problem.
There is no government subsidy on gasoline, so it is a near free market
that sets the prices.  It is true that we don't tax fuels as much as
many countries do, but high taxes on fuel are hardly a "natural" thing.
  Furthermore, there is no evidence that much higher fuel costs would
reduce our usage of fuel.  Our real problem with fuels is that we, the
people, insist on owning and driving big, heavy, overpowered SUV's and
light trucks, while avoiding small, lightweight lower powered vehicles.
  Correcting that alone would go far towards solving our problem with
excessive fuel usage.  (I'm not sure what a false standard of living
is.)

Vaughn H.