Re: [APD] solar tanks - Barr

i read an article in National geographic recently that stated solar
power with todays technology would require panels on, I forget the
percentages but think it was 30%... Suffice it to say if we put solar
panels on most of the buildings in metropolitan areas, the energy
produced would equal that from our coal usage and that accounts for the
fact that solar does not always produce.

Now, solar is renewable, emits no GHGs and i belive the panels last
along time.

I also read recently that a new technology for solar panels is almost
ready.  This new technology produces the same amount of energy in 10% of
the space and at a lower production cost.  Plus, rumor has it a new
technology is on the way with sprayable photocells!

Course I could have read those articles wrong.

If we would start spending our money and resources on alternative enery
  solutions rather than mucked up elections, wars, oil and all the other
crap we waste on the new technologies to end or drastically reduce our
dependancy on fossil fuels we would already have the technologies.

Just me 2 cents!  I'll go back to lurking now.

Dennis