Re: [APD] [Off-Topic] Supplementing Electricity with Solar

Gordon McLellan wrote:
> As far as I'm aware (which I don't know that much), there's no device
> that would allow you to take 'some' energy from solar and 'some'
> energy from the grid, in a real time fashion.

It seems that as long as you can synchronize your AC phase with the
utility (grid-tie inverters), you can just feed the output right into
the breaker. The end result is that you can offset your use by whatever
happens to be coming in via the panels. I imagine that the inverter has
some sort of protection to break the circuit when the panels stop
producing power (like night) to keep mains voltage from "charging" your
panels.

--
Jerry Baker