Re: [APD] [Off-Topic] Supplementing Electricity with Solar

Energy is energy ... whether you buy it from the utility company, or
make it yourself.

Of course, implementing a solution in a practical manner is somewhat
more difficult.

The solution would be to charge a bank of batteries with your solar
array _and_ using a managed charger connected to the main grid ...
when the batteries are insufficiently charged by the 'free' solar
power, you buy electricity from the grid to charge them

As far as I'm aware (which I don't know that much), there's no device
that would allow you to take 'some' energy from solar and 'some'
energy from the grid, in a real time fashion.

Gordon