[APD] Plants for a Paludarium

I am setting up a 29 gallon paludarium (got the tank two years ago,
finally getting around to doing something with it).  I am wondering what
kind of plants would be good for the "land" part.  I've seen mentioned
in various places that "tropicals" as sold at WalMart, etc., could be
used.  Can most of these take the very high humidity without getting all
kinds of nasty fungus, disease, etc. or rapidly growing too big?

It has a 55 PC lightging.  Water comes down a bank into the aquatic
part.  The substrate is aquarium gravel, chunks of slate, and a "big"
log emerging from the water.  I thought I would get Java Moss going on
the submerged part of the log, and let it creep up the log as far as it
is comfortable, but I don't know what to put above.  I would think any
of the plants that are sold for aquariums but grown for retail in the
emersed condition would do, but I don't know which ones these are.

Thanks for your advice.

Cheryl