Re: [APD] CO2 Measurement Method

I also have a couple of small "driftwood" pieces, which I boiled
thoroughly before using.  I got lots of brown water during several
cycles of boiling.  It is possible that tannins are being leached out
there too.  Do any of our chemists have an opinion?  Will tannins give
us a low PH reading and make it look like we have more CO2 than we
really have?

When my KH/PH readings said I had 70 ppm CO2 I still had some BBA, so I
jacked up the CO2 even more - still no fish distress.  Now I have no
visible BBA - just some diatoms and a bit of hair algae, which I keep
removing.  My kingdom for a simple, foolproof CO2 meter!!

Vaughn H.