Re: [APD] BBA

S. Hieber wrote:
> But there's a suppressed premise in the line of argument. The suppressed premise is that Conditions that discourage the presence of algae necessrily avoid all algae.

I don't think it's at all possible to avoid *all* algae. It will always
exist in the tank to some degree or another. No? What I was meaning to
say was that it seems to me that if we are growing plants well, it
follows that the algae are not doing so well. To say that if we decrease
the availability an essential nutrient to the plants, that some/all
algae may have an advantage is the tautology.

--
Jerry Baker