From: Mike Wickham <mewickham at compuserve_com>
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 1:05:02 AM
Subject: Re: [APD] Fishy Style Swimming

> I have watched it about 6 more times today myself....lol.    I just have
> wonder how he trained those fish!

Hi, Terry!

I don't think the fish are trained at all. It looks to me like it was done
with magnets. It would be easy to stick a magnet down the fishes' throats,
and then have someone hidden under the table use another magnet to move the
fish around. The poles of the magnets would keep the fish pointing in the
direction desired. If you look closely, you can see the fish skimming-- even
dragging-- the bottom and the swimming motion looks unnatural. Fantail
goldfish wag their bodies when they swim. These fish don't wag. They are
being pulled along by an unseen force.

Mike Wickham