Re: [APD] Brown Deposits on Leaves

Holy Molly ;-)  This is almost exaclty the same setup I have (except I
see the same problems in a 90g tank).  I get the spot algae and started
dosing more KH2PO4 per instruction from a local club member near me.
The spot algae has stopped progression and even receeded a bit on my
anubias since then, though it still isn't quiet gone.  But I have the
same translucent problem as you.  My large amazon swords have deepend in
color a bit since the addition of phosphates but the leaves are still
coming up bright/translucent green (and eventually darkening a bit
more).  Laterite and all, the rest is just about the same.  Hope you
find the answer (cause it would mean I have too!).  ;-)

Anyway, the further instruction he gave me was to dose more iron,
opposite of what you're saying, unfortunately.  I have been dosing iron
as a part of PMDD-type solution I mixed up using Greg's dry chems and
the Sears/Colin stuff (hence the addition of more phosphates later),
which is apparently not enough.  I hope to order up some additional iron
and really see things clear up and start growing stronger.

-Dave