[APD] adding whirlpool prefilteration unit to the return line from sump

Has anyone played around with adding a whirlpool whole house prefilteration unit (or any other similar unit) to an aquarium, rather than the attaching it to the house's main water line?  I'm thinking about adding it to the return line from my wet-dry - which will be a max of 350 gph. Any thoughts or experiences, please share!