Re: [APD] Rainbows and duckweed

Big Chequered Rainbowfish  (Melanotaenia splendida inornata) with plough
through lots of plants after eating all your duckweed first.   Other species
eat duck weed as well but not all rainbowfish like it.

There are some photos of the various rainbowfishes on the ANGFA database
http://db.angfa.org.au/ as well as where you might find them.   There are
also plants that occur with rainbows recorded on the surveys.   A good place
for information if you want to set up an aquarium with organisms from a
particular location.    The survey database has only just started during
2005.

Dave
In Darwin where the Monsoon has just started.