Re: [APD] Sudden Thread Algae Outbreak

I can only say that my experience is that it probably will.  My 29
gallon tank went a couple of weeks with no CO2, and low ferts being
added.  I got lots of brown hair algae or beard algae.  I pulled a lot
of it out, added CO2, which per the chart is 75 ppm ( I don't believe
that since the fish are fine.), and upped the ferts I was adding.  The
algae is almost all gone now.  And, I know that Tom Barr swears by
using adequate ferts plus CO2 to stop algae.  He also found that pretty
high levels of ferts do not harm the fish or plants.  So, why not try?

Vaughn H.