Re: [APD] CO2 and pH control

Liz Wilhite wrote:
>  The tanks aren't bare bottomed or sterile -- they are planted tanks.  The
> idea that you have to have a bare bottom tank to keep and breed discus is
> being challenged by a lot of people, despite Jack Whatley disparaging the
> idea every other month.

As a disciple of the bare-bottom, sterile tank philosophy of Discus
keeping, I often find myself lying awake at night wondering how all
those Discus managed to survive before we came along to clean up all
their leftover food particles and inspect their poo for proper
consistency. It's a miracle we got here with our aquariums when we did.

--
Jerry Baker