Re: [APD] KH with no CO2

Thank you Scott, Liz and Dave.  I'm still puzzled by the rate at which
the KH drops.  Yesterday I added about a half teaspoon of baking soda,
waited an hour and the KH was about 3 degrees.  This morning it was
barely 1 degree.  So, I added another half teaspoon of baking soda.  I
dissolve the baking soda in a little water before adding it.  I would
swear the plants are consuming the bicarbonate ions.  And, the lack of
CO2 is starting to catch up with me - a bit of green hairlike algae has
started on the microswords.  I should have the CO2 going in a day or
two though.  So, I will plan to remove all the algae I see when I do
the water change Sunday.  I feel like a mad scientist doing all of this
  (no, I haven't met Tom Barr!)

Vaughn H.