Re: [APD] CO2 and pH control

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:59:54 -0000, Gordon and Susan Watkins <gwatkins at ritternet_com> wrote:

> My main concern with lowering pH is for the plants. Maybe it's not such
> an issue? I have a house full of tanks and the africans do indeed
> thrive. Thanks for the reply.
>
> Gordon

pH is just an indicator. I don't believe the CO2 injection pH-drop actually makes any difference to any plants or fish. In other words, if you had hard water to start with, the plants and fish will still see hard water. It is the hardness/TDS that matters, not the pH. So controlling the pH with CO2 is pointless; it is only of use as a nutrient. PS 99% of plants like fairly hard water :p

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.