Re: [APD] Plants not pearling, growing slowly

S. Hieber wrote:
> It's several years until you get down to half output. The
> decline is very rapid at first and becomes more gradual
> over time. So a new bulb will seem much brighter than say,
> one that is a month old, but one that's a few months old
> won't seem (and won't be) a lot dimmer than one a year or
> two old.

I've never kept aquarium bulbs long enough to really see this, but using
the compact fluorescents I have around the house as a reference.
Sometimes over a period of about 3 - 5 years a bulb gets so dim that
when it is replaced, it seems as though the light in the room has
increased by three times or more. I'm used to eyeballing light levels
for photography, so I'm used to thinking of light in terms of stops
(doubling). Maybe that's not helping here.

--
Jerry Baker