Re: [APD] Plants not pearling, growing slowly

It's several years until you get down to half output. The
decline is very rapid at first and becomes more gradual
over time. So a new bulb will seem much brighter than say,
one that is a month old, but one that's a few months old
won't seem (and won't be) a lot dimmer than one a year or
two old.

Have plants, have fun,
Scott H.

--- Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz> wrote:

> If you know that the macro and micro nutrients are in
> ample supply, and
> that CO2 is in good supply, I don't know what that leaves
> but the
> lights. I find the way that fluorescent bulbs deteriorate
> is insidious
> because it is very slow. It is never perceived until one
> puts a new bulb
> next to an old one. You might have only half your
> original light output,
> or even worse.

All the other terrific entries in the 6th Annual AGA Aquascaping Contest are on display:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

In service to the community, the AGA has opened forums:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/