Or as just Red Line Barb or Torpedo Barb, also as Barbus
denisonii, Denison barb, Denisoni barbs, Crossocheilus
denisonii, Labeo denisonii. . .

They are relatively new to the hobby. These are shoaling
fish, so keep them numbers of a half dozen or more if you
can -- they seem to enjoy the company. They can be very
fast but they are very peaceful. Note that they don't mind
making terrific *leaps* of faith that the other side of the
glass is safer -- if you have the lid off and try too
agressively to net them. Not fussy eaters but don't harm
the plants.

sh

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/travel/Subramanian_Puntius_denisonii.html

> I have three, and they *are* gorgeous, seem very easy to
> keep. About £10 each in
> the UK. Fastest fish I've ever seen in a tank, too -
> getting three of maybe 15
> out of an 18" tank took half an hour in the fish shop...
>
> Colin
>
> --- beaker <pweifan at yahoo_com> wrote:
>
> > Luis,
> >
> > What kind of fish are these?
> >

> http://www.aquatic-plants.org/gallery/album21/luiztank13
> >
> > Were these caught locally?  I remember someone posting
> > about catching
> > fish similar to these ~3 years ago.  It might even have
> > been you :)  I can't find the post anymore...
> >
> > Your tanks are gorgeous by the way.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott aka beaker

All the other terrific entries in the 6th Annual AGA Aquascaping Contest are on display:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

In service to the community, the AGA has opened forums:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/