Re: [APD] Tom Barr's Estimative Index

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:35:08 -0000, S. Hieber <shieber at yahoo_com> wrote:

> Tom out of the mainstream? You might be in the wrong stream
> ;-) His article basically lays out moderately strong dosing
> to ensure you have enough to keep the plants happy if not
> downright giddy, which is then kept in check by large water
> changes.

The UK magazine Practical Fishkeeping is currently running a series of articles on planted tanks. They say that for a healthy planted tank everything must 'in balance', and they have just had a section on algae, which says that excessive nitrate and phosphate cause algae. I do wish some people would keep up... (shakes head in mild anger at stupidity of magazine writers)

I think Tom probably is out of the mainstream, at least here in the UK (Europe maybe?). Of course, it is the 'right' stream...

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.