Re: [APD] Odnos (2)

That's the ticket. The sockets are all in parallel and the
sensor/trip-switch is ahead of them all and controls the
Hot side path -- unless you wire stuff ahead of  the
sensore/trip-switch.

While it is correct that the trip is in series, the sockets
are not. You'd have a heck of a mess if they were because
to plug something in, you have to figure out what else was
on the power circuit and compute the voltage to determine
if it was enough to operate the device, not to mention that
it would change the voltage for the other stuff already
plugged in.

sh

--- Vaughn Hopkins <hoppycalif at yahoo_com> wrote:

> Look at the GFCI as a relay-type device.  When it is
> wired as yours is,
> the wires that appear to be just parallel wires to the
> next socket are
> really "downstream" of the relay.  So, when that relay
> trips, it opens
> the circuit for the GFCI outlets as well as the circuit
> leading to the
> next socket in the parallel string.  It really isn't just
> an isolated
> device in parallel with other sockets.
> Vaughn H.
>
> On Monday, November 21, 2005, at 12:14 PM, Jerry Baker
> wrote:
>
> > Vaughn Hopkins wrote:
> >> Jerry, that means the GFCI is wired to protect all of
> the sockets in
> >> the house, a pretty good idea for safety.
> >
> > I got that part, I just don't understand how an
> isolated GFCI socket
> > from Home Depot can shut off power to other sockets in
> the house if the
> > wiring is parallel.

Opening both barrels at once:

The Grand Opening

You can find the winners and all the other terrific entries in the 6th Annual AGA Aquascaping Contest here:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

And the other Opening:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/