Re: [APD] Odnos (2)

Jerry wrote:

> I got that part, I just don't understand how an isolated GFCI socket

> from Home Depot can shut off power to other sockets in the house if
the
> wiring is parallel.

The sockets are all in parallel with each other, but the whole group
is in series with the GFCI. Here's the picture: (View with a
fixed-width
font!)

------hot------+

              GFCI-hot-+
               |       |
              hot  +---+---+---+
               |   |   |   |   |
               A   B   C   D   E
               |   |   |   |   |
               +---+---+---+---+

---neutral-----+

A is the integrated socket, while B, C, D, and E are the others
protected
by the GFCI. If you pull the GFCI out of the wall, you'll find that it
has one hot leading to the junction box and another leading to all of
the
rest of the sockets.

David Ozenne
West Jordan, UT

http://www.tenfold.com

*
the TenFold Postmaster (postmaster at tenfold_com).
*