Re: [APD] A Piece of Schadenfreude for You (You Thought it Was Bad Before)

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, S. Hieber wrote:

> I think tank manufacturers give nominal measurements, so
> you have to actually get your hands on one to find out the
> actual dimensions. There is some tendency towards
> standardization, but it only approximates.

That's for sure.  Over the years my wife and I have bought lots of 10's,
20's and 20-long's, getting custom glass lids cut at Home Depot.  Every
brand is different, some by 1/4" or more in a given dimension.  We've got
lids that fall into some tanks yet are too big to drop into the moulding
of others.  I can only imagine this gets worse as tanks get bigger.

    - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com