Re: [APD] CO2 System

To this, jsut for the record, I would add something to get
the CO2 into the water, whether it be a reactor (mixing
chamber -- you can make an internal-to-aquarium one out of
the sleeve of a gravel vacuum) or piping the CO2  into the
intake of a canister filter or powerhead, etc.

have fun,

sh
--- Louis Lin <lhclin at tickquest_com> wrote:

> Joshua L. Wiegert wrote:
> > I have a spare 55-gallon, and am considering "taking
> the plunge" and going
> > with a pressurised CO2 system.  The trouble is, I don't
> know what to buy.
> > : )  I've seen, for about 80-bucks a "complete system,"
> just add tank.  I've
> > also seen ones for 400$.  I don't know what components
> are neccessary, what
> > ones are pretty much neccessary, and what ones are just
> bells and whistles.
> > I've also heard that one can purchase CO2 components on
> Ebay for other uses,
> > put them together, and go .. but, again, I don't know
> what I need.
> >
> > And I'm having a heck of a time finding a resource on
> the net.. everything I
> > look up seems to just say, "This is why you want to buy
> OUR system...".  Can
> > anyone point me towards a websource on DIY CO2 (other
> than a yeast setup! :)
> >

> You need a CO2 tank, regulator and needle valve.
> Everything else
> (solenoid, bubble counter, diffuser/reactor) is optional.
>
> --
> Louis Lin
> TickQuest inc    www.tickquest.com

Opening both barrels at once:

The Grand Opening

You can find the winners and all the other terrific entries in the 6th Annual AGA Aquascaping Contest here:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

And the other Opening:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/