Re: [APD] cheap pressurized CO2

Well, you can skip the solenoid and save some moeny there
-- but if you're buying new and don't want to futz around
with finding adaptors at homedeport, the Milwaukee or JBJ
all-in-one combos are pretty reasonable deals and the
expense is a one-time thing.

sh
--- Vaughn Hopkins <hoppycalif at yahoo_com> wrote:

> Eli,
> I tried to do the pressurized CO2 cheaply too.  I got a
> regulator thru
> ebay from someone selling it in my own city - no shipping
> cost.  Then I
> got a needle valve thru ebay from someone very close, so
> shipping was
> minimal.  But, when I started assembling the stuff
> together I needed
> barbs, special size barbs to fit the valve and regulator.
>  Those I had
> to order on the web, and pay shipping for them.  And, I
> still didn't
> have a bubble counter, so I made one cheaply.  The tubing
> I needed came
> from a model airplane store - fuel line tubing, cheaply.
> But, still no
> solenoid valve.  By then my cost was up over $125 for an
> incomplete
> setup.  I gave up, gave away the parts, keeping only a
> check valve, and
> bought a Milwaukee regulator/valve/bubble counter on sale
> from
> Aquabotanics, and that cost was far less than $125.  I'm
> not  yet
> convinced that a "cheap" CO2 setup can be built.  Maybe
> someone here
> has a surplus setup and can be convinced to part with it
> for minimal
> cost???
>
> Vaughn H.
>
> On Tuesday, November 15, 2005, at 03:35 PM, Eli Moss
> wrote:
>
> > What are some ideas for a very, very cheap pressurized
> CO2 setup?
> > Right now
> > I'm using a scaled-up yeast generator for my forty
> gallon planted
> > tank, and
> > the constantly fluctuating co2 production rates are
> getting on my
> > nerves. Is
> > there a way to have pressurized CO2 injection on a
> paperboy's budget?
> > I'm
> > working on getting a more gainful job, but I have five
> colleges' worth
> > of
> > students to compete with. One of the downsides to
> living in Amherst,
> > MA.
> >
> > Eli

Opening both barrels at once:

The Grand Opening

You can find the winners and all the other terrific entries in the 6th Annual AGA Aquascaping Contest here:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

And the other Opening:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/