Re: [APD] On the subject of snails....

Rory,

I prefer to have my snails in the tank.   They clean up algae nicely and
gently.  Sometimes there are too many of them in a tank and I throw in a
sinking algae wafer.  The snails will gang up on it.  I then remove them and
off to the loach tank they go.

The tank with the loaches does have plants but has some disadvantages, IMO.
The loaches eat the snails - so I have more algae in there (I keep a tiger
pleco in there to eat it but he is a little rough on the plants).  And they
loaches are bottom dwellers and dig up plants too.

Nothing is 100% wonderful I guess.  lol.

Terry