Re: [APD] On the subject of snails....

I just realized reading this that my snail population has reduced
tremendously since the growth of a croaking gourami population in a tank.
The Malaysian trumpet snails have pretty much disappeared altogether too.
It's not coincidence, when the snail count was higher, I've watched these
fish hunt down and pick out the snails from their shells. Anyway, I've now
got "dirtier" substrate, and my observation is it's less usable to the
plants than the finer mulm that the burrowing trumpets create out of tank
debris.