Re: [APD] CO2 Experiment #2

Chris Hotte wrote:
> Does the surface area of the bubble come into play? If you have a
> smaller bubble, and more availble bonds, or vise versa... does it really
> make a difference? Wouldn't the ratio be the same either way?

I would think that as the bubbles got smaller, and their surface area to
volume ratio increased, they would dissolve faster. I do not have any
empirical data to back that up, but it just seems intuitive. It might be
a tangent worth exploring at some point.

I too have some concern that the travel time in the water was
particularly short. The bucket is about as deep as a 55-gallon tank
though. I am thinking about repeating this in a very deep container
(like a trash can).

--
Jerry Baker