Re: [APD] New notes on CO2 misting methods

The issue with a venturi is the water flow restriction. A
low flow or modest 1-3 psi might not do the trick. I have
lots of pumps at which the the Kent Venturi laughs out
loud.

Constricting the output on a centrifugal pump won't harm it
at all, the rotor will just spin freely and happily in the
water in the volute and not accomplish any work. Exception
is, possbily, if there is no water flow at all and the pump
is not submerged, it then the pump might not get adequate
cooling since some non-submerged pumps rely on the water
flowing through the pump for cooling.

Hope that helps,