Re: [APD] DIY CO2 recipe for 20 gal tank?

Kelleen Harris wrote:
> Is there some supplement that we’re supposed to be adding to the water so that our snails’ shells grow properly under CO2 addition?

IMHO means "In My Humble Opinion"

The only thing I am aware of that affects snail shells is calcium. How
are your GH levels? If your tap water is even near normal, and you have
to cut it to get down to 10dKH, you probably have plenty of calcium in
the tap water though. I can't think of what CO2 could do to make things
white except maybe to create some additional carbonates, but creating
enough of them to start precipitating out of the water would be pretty
unusual. I'm stumped.

--
Jerry Baker