Re: [APD] Science

Wait a minute!  We've had to endure several days of acrimonious e-mails
because you couldn't figure out how to replicate Tom's experiment?  This
is something you could (should) have asked Tom off-line.

I can understand if someone has tried (unsuccessfully) to replicate Mr.
Barr's experiments and after failing to obtain similar results, to seek
additional information on the list, explaining what was attempted and
the results; but the e-mails the last few days crossed the line:
accusations of providing insufficient information to replicate the
experiment and later admitting that no attempt has been made to
replicate the experiment is unfair to both Mr. Barr and to the
subscribers of this list.  This list should NOT become an electronic
version of 20 questions, nor is it fair for Tom or anyone else to be
expected to provide detailed answers to vague questions (well designed
experiment) and then be accused of intentionally providing insufficient
information when the answers aren't sufficiently detailed for the
questioner.

If you want detailed answers, then ask detailed questions.  If you want
to know about the tank used, ask about tank size and geometry (standard
vs. custom, etc.); substrate, ask if quartz sand, Eco-Complete,
Oxy-Sand, Turface, etc.; lighting, ask about wattage, hours,
CF/VHO/daylight...  If you don't ask about the water parameters, don't
complain that the KH, dH, pH, and temperature were intentionally omitted.

Jerry Leong