Re: [APD] Low-medium-high tech

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:59:03 -0800 (PST)
From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>

Scott H asks rhetorically:
> Would you characterize your tanks more as fast growth or
> slow growth?

Back in our high tech days, they were high growth.  Now that everyone else
has leap-frogged us, they are low tech slow growth.

> Do you add CO2?

Doesn't everyone?  What's the point?  If everyone does it, it surely can't
be high tech.  When we were among the first to do it, it was high tech. Now
it's run-of-the-mill. Sort of about the same as putting water in the tank,
eh?

> Do you run 2 or more wpg?

We run 2.2 wpg.  I was happier with 1.6 wpg.  What's the point?  Doesn't
everyone run more than 2 wpg?  When we ran Ultra Tri-Lux and Triton combos,
that was high tech.  Now we run AHS bulbs and reflectors, just like everyone
else. Sort of about the same as putting plants in the tank, eh?

George B.