Re: [APD] New, cheap dark grey substrate

How to resond to this mysterious explanation?

Fuller's Earth *is* a non-plastic clay. [Look up montmorillonite, for
example.]

Profile certainly is calcined. The manufacturer assures us it is.

The bottom line is that the two products may have some known differences
(probably due to selective mining or processing), but they are both
calcined clays of the general Fuller's Earth type. For the aquarist, I
suspect the only meaningful differences are grain size and color.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley - Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514 - whuntley at verizon_net - 760 872-3995 still works. Also 760 873-2000 (CA) or 941 866-0500 (FL).

"Miered:" vt, (my-urd) To use incredibly bad judgement to get your closest associate savaged by your most ardent supporters. [See: Borked]

http://www.self-gov.org/wspq.html