Re: [APD] Plus points

On 10/27/05, Gordon McLellan <gordonthree at gmail_com> wrote:

> Vapor... Very good point there.
>
> While I'm willing to believe the chemists involved made some viable
> "microdots", not even the Vanderbilt article discusses the process
> through which they were made, or how expensive it is.

 Quantum dot technology is not new or mysterious and there is a journal
article on this particular laboratory accident. I know of a number of people
doing research in both academia and industry on uses of quantum dots. Yes,
they are research projects at the moment, and may never be anything more.
But it is interesting, to me at least and a few people here, to see
something so often described in science fiction and fantasy literature come
to life, even if its just in a lab.
 Liz