Re: [APD] Icecap MH Ballasts and Iwasaki Bulbs

Jerry Baker wrote:
> For posterity: I located a thread elsewhere that complained of similar
> symptoms. The poster stated that IceCap suggested that "stuff" in the
> bulb's ignitor could have become stuck and to shake it in the same
> manner as shaking down a thermometer to loosen it. The poster also
> stated that IceCap recommended that the ignitor be nearly vertical. I
> will try both of these techniques when I get home and let the list know
> of the results.

Neither trick worked. I was able to record the noises so that others
might tell me if it is normal noise or not.

Ballast firing up:
http://www.bakerweb.biz/fish/Ballast_start.mp3

Ballast hum after running for 30 minutes:
http://www.bakerweb.biz/fish/Ballast_hum.mp3

Bulb noise after running for 30 minutes:
http://www.bakerweb.biz/fish/Bulb_noise.mp3

Thanks for anyone willing to listen and let me know. I've never had MH
electronic ballasts before, so I don't know if the noise is normal or not.

--
Jerry Baker