Re: [APD] CO2 regulator to CO2 tank connection washer

Naw. I'd keep that tape stuff out there. It's meant for an
entirely diff application. Plus he doesn't want to have to
deal with any teflon tape material getting blown down line
and mucking up the works, regulator, solenoid, needle
valve. There's a reason the fitting is designed to not use
threads for sealing -- to avoid the use of that thread
sealant stuff.

Any welding shop in the area ought to have the CGA 320
washers. They teflon might retail for as much as 49 cents
each but you can find them for half that. The fiber washers
cost anywhere from 9-20 cents.

Buy a handful and don't run out or have to think about
buying them again for years.

Note that the teflon type can spread a little when
compressed, making it a bit harder to remove them from the
nut when replacing them.

sh