Re: [APD] HQI's

I have been using double ended MH since a while. For the first models the
use of UV glass filter was mandatory. The presence of UV in the hood was
clear, since other plastic components where attacked.

Later the bulbs came with UV shield, as a component of the outer sleeve.
This is valid for 3200ªK, 4200ºK and 5500ºK lamps. I did not see 10KºK with
UV shield. I suppose it?s a matter of not filtering part of the  wanted
spectrum.

At the present, the front glass is suggested for avoiding the eventual
danger of lamp faliure, in which bulb burst. But we discuss this subject is
particular. So in this point, the UV glass filter will distort the color
rendering. This could be a side effect.

Mariano