Re: [APD] Light cycle and algae

SAEs are sometimes called "flying foxes" or "false flying
foxes." With only the comon name to go by in a fish store,
one must rely on the excellent description and images in
Neil Frank's and Liisa Sarakontu's article _Algae Eating
Cyprinids from Thailand and Neighboring Areas_ for
identification. This modern classic can be found here,
among several other places:

http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/cyprinid.html

SAEs are effective with very fine threadlike plant
material, including algae and higher plants, but not other
types of algae.

And, for those that haven't seen it, an article in a recent
Tropical Fish Hobbyist (July 2005, Volume LIII, Number 11)
gave a good summary of algae eating fish ;-)

sh