[APD] straw bales

I would be a bit leery on using just bales.  They will compress.  90gal is
what, over 720lbs of just water weight.  Bales can compress easily.  That's
why NM building code only allows them for infill walls, not structural use.
You'll need a top plate to evenly distribute the weight, and for an
aquarium, I would be very concerned with lateral movement.

As for the earlier post on plywood, I used a shower stall on its back and
closed in the top with a piece of plywood coated with fiberglass cloth and
resin as a pond.  It worked okay.  If you built it into a wall it is
possible to use a wood product for sides, bottom and back, with proper resin
use, etc...