Re: [APD] Metal Halide Lighting: Mogul vs. HQI

David Grim wrote:
> Does anyone have knowledge of efficiency or intensity of HQI double ended
> type halide lights vs. screw in mogul base type bulbs. I have only used
> Mogul bulbs, but was thinking of trying HQIs in the next planted tank I set
> up.
>
> This would be assuming ballasts, reflectors, kelvin ratings of the bulbs
> were equal.
>
> Thank you for any help.

My understanding is that the bulbs themselves aren't any more efficient
- they don't produce more PAR than an equivalent mogul-base. There seems
to be something to the idea that reflectors for HQI bulbs are more
efficient due to positioning of the bulb in relation to the reflector.

--
Jerry Baker