Re: [APD] Fw: Story in Tampa Newspaper]

On 9/28/05, Laith Arif <laith at swissonline_ch> wrote:
> Are we upset because the imported fish in our aquariums don't speak
> English?? :-)
>
> What in the world is this doing on APD?
>
> Laith

We haven't be properly fertilizing the list and have an outbreak of
algae. Better do a water change, increase the CO2 and dose this sucker
before it takes over everything.  We could pull the turn out the
lights on the list for a few days, but that will harm the list while
doing a fair but not good job of controlling the algae.  By far, the
better option is to change water, prune, clean preen, dose, bubble and
add plant mass to really fill this sucker up.

And if you'd like to know where that algae came from look here:
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/american.htm .

Liz