Re: [APD] pH Controller

(snip)
Message: 1
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:05:37 -0400
From: "Terry Barber" <terbarb at alltel_net>
Subject: [APD] pH controller
To: "aquatic plants digest" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

What models and brands of pH controller do you like?  I know , not really
necessary but I want to geek around with one for awhile (one that works
well).

Thanks\

Terry
(snip)

The Milwaukee instruments SMS 122 is the one if you are keeping planted
tanks. Economical, and easy to calibrate. I have three of these and one
American Marine controller. The American Marine unit is much more expensive,
takes much more time to calibrate, and has a level of accuracy (2 decimal
points) that I don't find necessary for a plant tank. It was left over from
my reefkeeping days.

I've seen the SMS 122 as low as $79 MO. That is cheaper than the American
Marine pH monitor, which has no control function.

Regards,
Dave