Re: [APD] FL endcap question

Yes, I did a copy/paste on the original post and cringed a little at the "proof" part.  I would vote not safe if submersed too!

If the issue is a better ballast, I would not recommend using a "normal" T-8 ballast with T-12 Lamps.  The T8 requires less energy and will therefore "under-drive" T12.  The T12 will work just fine with a Fulham "workhorse" series though.  I know an ex-reefer with 3X VHO over 100 gal that is doing fine.

Which reminds me, there is a VHO Water-Proof variant out there that might be other than bipin...

-Paul