Re: [APD] FL endcap question

Nice catch Paul, the pins fit but the rings meant to seal
water away from the pins will be useless.

I know some vendors call these things water proof, but
water resistant is a more apt description, imo. Given the
high voltage and ample supplies of electric current and
less than pure water, it's best to realize that they
probably are not warranted to safe if submersed. ;-)

sh
--- Paul M Wallace <pwallace at u_washington.edu> wrote:

> Yes, they will work becasue the both are "medium bipin"
> so the bulb will light.
>
> No, They will not be waterproof if you use T-8 bulbs.
>
> -Paul
>
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, S. Hieber wrote:
>
> > They won't fit since they are made for a 12/8" outside
> > diameter tube and T8s are only 8/8" diameter.
> >
> > You might be able to find some adapters.
> >
> > sh
> >
> > --- Kevin Simms <redlam1 at interconnect_net> wrote:
> >
> >> Will t12 endcaps work with t8 bulbs? I have some nice
> >> waterproof t12 endcaps and would like to use them with
> >> some new t8 ballasts but Im not sure if they are
> >> interchangeable.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Kevin Simms
> >> Corpus Christi, TX

Coming Soon in November, the winners and all the other beautiful entries in the 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest. Every continent is represented -- except Antarctica. Maybe next year Antarctica, too ;-)

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org